The Esri Canada Education and Research group develops interesting geographic information system (GIS) resources for educators to use in their teaching and is involved in outreach in the form of conferences, Web seminars and professional development.
Welcome to our first blog post! We're very excited about this new way to communicate with educators across Canada.
The Education and Research group at Esri Canada is committed to supporting educators who are interested in integrating spatial technology into their teaching and promoting geographic information systems (GIS) as a learning tool to engage students in the classroom.
Here are five reasons why you should follow this blog:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Esri Canada educational resources (lesson packs, tutorials, data, books and much more) for K-12 and Higher Education
- Learn how GIS is used in education and who the champions are across Canada
- Find out what educational events are happening in your area, including free Web seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Discover external resources recommended by the Esri Canada Education and Research group
- Learn tips and tricks for ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Online