Canada Day is a perfect springboard to explore a variety of subjects, and Canadian focused maps and apps are a great way to bring relevant content into the classroom. We've pulled together a wide range of resources to help get you going, from Canada as seen from the International Space Station, to Canada's Role in World War I... all rolled into dynamic maps and apps.
With the school year wrapping up and Canada Day just around the corner, you and your students can have fun exploring these ArcGIS Online maps and apps with a focus on our great nation. From history to geography to politics, these resources are interactive and informative with a cross-curricular focus. Begin your exploration of Canadian topics today!
- Canada from the International Space Station
- Canadian Confederation: 1867 to Present
- Canada’s Changing Political Landscape
- Canada’s Participation in World War I: The Battlefields
- The Role of Canadian Women during World War I
- Canada’s Ecology
- Canada’s Climate
- Sochi 2014 Interactive Athlete Map
- Maps and apps on Canadian Places and other topics
To find educational resources such as lesson packs, tutorial and activities, visit esri.ca/lessonplanner.
About the AuthorMore Content by Angela Alexander