How much is the federal government contributing to new satellite technology R&D? Why is a tough, smart grid critical to smart communities? Find out these and more in this month’s compilation of SDI Interesting Reads.
Get inspiration for your projects from this compilation of interesting articles, blog posts and other resources related to spatial data infrastructure (SDI).
The NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS) recently hosted a community mapping showcase which featured web maps delivered in both ArcGIS Online and Google. Check out the website at mapannapolis.ca. This project is a collaboration between the Age Advantage Association, a not-for-profit group of seniors in the Annapolis Valley and the instructors and students in the Diploma of Geographic Sciences, Community and Environmental Planning program. The inter-generational project allows seniors to bring their local knowledge of the landscape to the map, and COGS students to bring their GIS and cartographic expertise to the table. Shown above is an ArcGIS Online story map displaying amenities at the Town of Annapolis Royal in Nova Scotia.
- Federal government announces $54 million to help bridge R&D gap for aerospace companies
- Report highlights agriculture sector's strong contributions to the Canadian economy
- Why a tough, smart grid is critical to smart communities
- GIS on mobile devices has changed how we interact with geography
- Anatomy of a web map
- SensorUp launches world’s first Internet of Things platform built on OGC SensorThings API
- Latest developments from what3words at the Esri FedGIS