We’ll be flying with talk about drone technology and location sharing with our field collections apps.
Spatial Report is back for the September 2023 edition, and it goes deep on drone technology and location tracking. First, we enter the drone zone as our imagery expert Jeff Petillion drops by to give us a high-flying snapshot of how drones are used to collect aerial imagery for your GIS organization. Then Sue Enyedy, our GeoMobility GeoGeek, returns to talk about how location sharing can be used to track where you’ve been using Esri’s data collection apps. All this plus What’s Making Us Mappy and an appy version of M versus M.
What's Making Us Mappy [02:05]
Our hosts share one cool thing that is catching their eye in the world of ArcGIS.
Mark gives us a briefing on Briefings, the newest feature in ArcGIS StoryMaps. They are a new content type designed to produce shorter presentation-style narratives integrated with live maps and real-time data.
- StoryMap: ArcGIS StoryMaps Briefings
- Blog: Introducing Briefings: Elevate Your Presentations with Briefings in ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Blog: When are briefings in ArcGIS StoryMaps the right tool for your content?
Maggie makes us smarter by introducing Smart Assistants in ArcGIS Survey123. Using the camera on your phone, smart assistants let you run AI-based object detection, image classification, and image redaction and annotation to make your survey forms smarter.
Esri Community blog: Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Face redaction with smart assistants
Inside the Arc [08:04]
Feature interview that takes our audience inside an Esri product or capability.
Drones have revolutionized GIS by providing an efficient way to collect, analyze and visualize geospatial data. Modern drone technology with cameras and sensors makes it easy to capture high-resolution imagery and acquire remote sensing information. To learn more about how drones can be leveraged in your GIS organization, we welcome Jeff Petillion, Esri Canada’s imagery specialist.
Guest: Jeff Petillion, Imagery Products Specialist at Esri Canada (LinkedIn)
- Documentation: Drone2Map for ArcGIS
- Documentation: ArcGIS Reality (includes SiteScan for ArcGIS)
- Webinar: Automate Image Analysis with GeoAI and Deep Learning Workflows
Rotation of Esri Canada panelists share what's new in ArcGIS technology.
Location sharing allows organizations to record where users are and where they have been. Sue Enyedy, our field apps GeoGeek, returns to reveal how licensed users in your organization can upload their locations using ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS QuickCapture, and ArcGIS Survey123.
- Documentation: Share Location - ArcGIS Field Maps
- Video: Introduction to | Location Sharing in Field Maps
M versus M [32:50]
Our hosts quiz each other about all things ArcGIS and GIS.
- Webinar: Making the Next Move: Strategies for Migrating from ArcGIS Web AppBuilder
- Blog: Which App Builder Do I Choose?
- Visit our website
- See our full interviews and GeoSnaps on the Esri Canada YouTube channel
- Stay up-to-speed on products and developments affecting you in our blog, Getting Technical
Have a podcast idea? E-mail us at email@example.com