SDI Interesting Reads - November 2018
How are cities leveraging geographic information system (GIS) to reduce drug waste and promote economic growth? What are the new user types being introduced in the latest update in ArcGIS Online? Find out more in November’s SDI Interesting Reads, which brings you an array of informative articles on spatial data infrastructure from Canada and around the world.
Insights for ArcGIS allows easy visualization and sharing of datasets in the form of maps, charts and table cards. This Community Health Analysis reports the incidences of the population aged 12 + who do not have regular access to a doctor in their neighbourhood.
- How does the Esri platform help the City of Cambridge reduce drug waste
- DataBC has registered hundreds of public layers in ArcGIS Online
- Municipality of East Hants leverages Insights for ArcGIS to promote economic growth
- New Coast Guard vessels to collect data about St. Lawrence river’s water conditions and depth
- NOAA’s web mapping portal, nowCOAST, displays real-time observations, forecasts and warnings
- Use spatial analysis in ArcGIS Online to determine flood risk and aid evacuation
- Esri's Open strategy on 3D, OSM and GIS - Interview with Satish Sankaran and Chris Andrews
- Technology and related governance issues
- GIS as a transformational technology for business improvements
- What's coming in ArcGIS Online: Introducing user types