With the lazy days of summer coming to an end, it’s time to plan how you’ll learn the skills you’ll need to tackle upcoming projects. I often hear how hard it is to remember where to look for training resources. To help you out, I’ve put together the following list you can bookmark for later or as a reminder, helping you to make sure you’re not missing out on important resources.
Get guided through lessons by one of our certified instructors and get live feedback on your questions.
- 100% virtual to keep everyone safe
- Self-serve registrations for yourself or others
- Save on costs with one of our prepaid training packages
- Open enrollment courses available on our calendar
- Private group sessions available for groups of six to 12
- Popular topics include (but are not limited to):
- ArcGIS Dashboards
- ArcGIS API for Python
- ArcGIS Enterprise administration
- Mobile applications
- Migration from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro
- Multiple options to choose from to match your learning style
- Available 24/7 whenever you’re ready to learn
- Resources are either free for everyone or available at no extra cost for existing customers
- Wide range of topics available
Resources to sit back and watch:
- Esri Canada YouTube channel
- Esri Canada one-hour webinars
- Esri Canada seminars
- 2021 Esri User Conference
- Esri events
Resources with practice exercises included (licensed products required):
- MOOCs (massive open online courses)
- These classes are open to everyone and run for four to six weeks. Each week, participants are given access to new content. To complete the course, participants need to explore the content at their own pace, then complete the included exercises.
- The required software for these MOOCs is made available to participants for the duration of the course.
- Esri Academy
- On this site, you will find some items listed as “Free”, which are available to everyone, and others listed as “Requires Maintenance”, which are available at no extra cost to existing customers with qualifying products.
- For these items, participants will need to have their own licensed products to complete exercises.
- When logged in, participants can view their self-paced training history, enroll in one of the many learning plans on specific topics or build their own learning plan to keep track of progress.
- ArcGIS Documentation
- Pick the product you need help with and find detailed best practices with step-by-step tutorials.
- For developers, use this documentation site to discover tutorials that go beyond what a standard user might need.
- Learn ArcGIS Experiences
- Choose the type of user you are—whether a GIS professional, student, teacher, data scientist, professor or new user. Then, gain access to guided tutorials that tackle real-world examples, aimed at your learning level.
Where do I go if I have technical questions?
Did you know that Esri has a large community of users and staff members who count on one another to collaborate and answer questions? This is a huge opportunity to learn from others in your industry by reviewing posted questions and answering or asking new ones. You can also help others get answers to their questions about workflows you might already have worked through yourself.
If you’re new to the Esri Community, learn how to get started:
This post was translated to French and can be viewed here.