Summer is here! Looking to do some professional development during your time away from school? Well, check out the top 5 ArcGIS professional learning opportunities that we recommend you do in the next couple of months!
Great news! Summer is here and you may be already done your school year. Let’s take some time to reflect, relax and recharge for 2021-2022. If you are looking to improve your ArcGIS skills over the summer, there are many free, virtual professional learning opportunities for you. Here are the top 5 ArcGIS professional development opportunities that we recommend:
- Esri Global User Conference – July 12-15: Teachers will need their ArcGIS username and Customer # to register. Contact email@example.com if you don't know your Customer #.
- Canadian Geographic Summer Conference – August 19: We will be facilitating an entire stream on ArcGIS StoryMaps in English and French.
- Self-Directed Learning: We have resources supporting self-directed learning or live virtual workshops.
- Esri Canada Summer School: ArcGIS Online 101 – Learn the basics of ArcGIS Online
- Esri Canada Summer School: ArcGIS Pro 101 – Learn the basics of ArcGIS Pro, Esri's desktop software.
The annual Esri User Conference showcases the latest ArcGIS updates and features. Discover ArcGIS use in different sectors from users around the world. Learn from GIS professionals and attend technical workshops. This is the second year that registration is complimentary for everyone and it will be virtual.
Other great resources to check out:
People Mapping: Finding and Using Demographic Data
Discover a wealth of web apps that you can integrate into your teaching with this story map presentation created by Joseph Kerski from Esri. He put this together earlier this month for his 2021 Esri Education Summit technical workshop on “People Mapping: Finding and Using Demographic Data.”
Career Path Series
Discover lessons and other resources for secondary school students that focus on how GIS in used in different sectors in Canada.
This collection of resources is a great way for students to discover how GIS is used in different sectors in Canada. They have the opportunity to become GIS Analysts in using ArcGIS Online to answer questions pertaining to a particular sector.
The K-12 group at Esri Canada will continue working through the summer to bring you new resources, and ideas to incorporate into your teaching. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions, comments and ideas for resources.
New to ArcGIS Online?
If you are new to ArcGIS Online, educators can request an account at k12.esri.ca/#access.
Check out the following beginner resources to get started with ArcGIS Online:
For Educators - Let’s get started with ArcGIS Online
For Students – Enroute with ArcGIS Online
This post was translated to French and can be viewed here.