Find out what’s happening with GIS in Education while you’re on summer break and plan for fall conferences today.
Conferences are a great way to get in some professional development and learning while networking with other educators and professionals in the GIS industry. Here are some upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
Esri Education GIS Conference July 18 - 21, 2015
Last Saturday, Esri opened the largest international education GIS conference in San Diego, California. While most of us are unable to attend this exciting annual event in person, you can follow along and stay informed virtually via the links below:
- Twitter: @Esri EdUC
- Facebook: Esri Education GIS Conference
- Instagram: EsriEdUC
- esri.com: Check out last year’s proceedings
The 2015 proceedings will be available when the conference is over. Make sure to check in again to explore them.
Our K-12 staff will be participating at the following conferences in the fall. Remember to visit us at the Esri Canada table and attend a conference session facilitated by a member of our group.
- GIS in Education Conference – More information to come in a future blog post. October 8, 2015 Toronto, Ontario Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BC Social Studies Teachers' Association (BCSSTA) October 23, 2015 Vancouver, British Columbia
- Nova Scotia Social Studies Teachers' Association (NSSTA) October 23, 2015 Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Manitoba Social Studies Teachers' Association (MSSTA) October 23, 2015 Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO) November 4-6, 2015 Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Ontario Association for Geographic and Environmental Education (OAGEE) November 13 - 14, 2015 Toronto, Ontario
About the Author
Angela Alexander is a K-12 Education Resource Developer on the Esri Canada Education and Research team. She has over six years of experience working with educators across Canada. Angela is responsible for producing geographic information system (GIS) and curriculum specific resources, conducting and creating custom workshops for educators and judging and developing the question for the annual GIS Skills Ontario competition in Waterloo, Ontario. Angela has a Bachelor’s degree in Geography and Sociology from the University of Western Ontario and completed the Applied Digital Geography and GIS certificate program at Ryerson University.More Content by Angela Alexander