ArcGIS Business Analyst Online comes with rich Canadian data, so why not display this using the Community Map of Canada Vector Basemap? In this blog post, I will show you how to set this up in Business Analyst Online in five easy steps.
Before we get started, ensure you have a valid license to use Business Analyst Online. For more information on licensing the Business Analyst Online product, choose the product associated with your environment:
If you’re using ArcGIS Online, the basemap gallery in the ‘Organization’ settings must be set to ‘Esri Default’ or to a group that contains the Esri Canada Community Basemaps; otherwise, you won’t be able to select them from the basemaps selections. Read more about specifying the maps you want to use as basemaps in ArcGIS Online. If you’re using ArcGIS Enterprise, make sure to follow the instructions in this blog post: Adding the Community Map of Canada Vector Basemaps to Enterprise.
Now, let’s begin:
- Launch the Business Analyst Online application from the application launcher in your ArcGIS Online account or from your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.
- It should open the most recent project.
- If you want to start a new project, this can be done from the ‘Home’ tab.
- Make sure to set the country to ‘Canada.’ Read more about setting the country or region in Business Analyst. Once you select ‘Canada’, the data will be automatically updated to reflect Canadian data.
- Once signed in, click the gear icon located in the top right corner next to your username to access the Business Analyst Online Preferences.
- Within ‘Settings’ in the General tab, under the ‘Basemap’ section, click the dropdown and select your desired Esri Canada Community Map. There are a couple of them (Streets, Light Grey, Topographic, etc.)
- Note: If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise and do not see the Community Map of Canada Vector Basemap, refer to this blog post.
Food for thought: all the Esri Canada Community Basemaps contain an image of "Esri Canada" with a half maple leaf.
- Save and Close the settings.
Voilà! You are all set. The Community Map of Canada should be the basemap used by default every time you create a new project, or you open an existing one.
Watch this clip that goes through all the steps above.
Any questions? Leave a comment below.
This post was translated to French and can be viewed here.