What’s new with the World Imagery basemap? What updates were made to the Esri vector basemaps? Find out these and more in the September SDI Interesting Reads.
The Esri vector tile basemaps (beta) were updated with new data content and map style refinements. The latest ArcGIS Online update also affected the vector tile basemap display. The two recent releases together made noticeable improvements to the maps such as improved map display, additional data and more fonts. Before (left) and Now (right) showing the improvement of complete labels across tile edges. Notice city labels for London, Brighton, & Paris in this Streets web map.
- Pardora’s box – Is everything of the Internet?
- Community contributions enhancing the Living Atlas of the World (includes Toronto, ON)
- Earth observation represents a $43 billion opportunity over next 10 years
- Standards update published on FGDC website
- Beautiful time lapse of photosynthesis map, seen from space
- New capabilities for cross-platform 3D data distribution and visualization
- Improved OGC client capabilities using custom parameters (September 2016)
- 10 + 1 terms IT wants GIS to know
- Check out what’s new in World Imagery basemap, including areas in BC, AB and ON
- Canadian GIS Ambassador Program: Interview with Brent Hall at Esri Canada
About the AuthorMore Content by Gordon Plunkett