How does the Esri-Waze partnership benefit municipalities? What’s new in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS? Find out these and more in the October SDI Interesting Reads.
Esri has officially partnered with Waze, the free, crowdsourced traffic and navigation app. Municipalities will be able to share data they already manage in ArcGIS as open data into the app, such as road closures, government buildings, parking lots, points of interest and more.
- The Canadian Institute of Geomatics (CIG) New President: Rodolphe Devillers
- Collaboration to improve British Columbia civic address data
- AWS Canada outlines cloud-first model for Canadian market
- Emergency Response Team situational awareness site busy for Hurricane Matthew
- CEOS WGISS Integrated Earth Observation Data Catalog video available
- Esri’s Bern Szukalski gives ten essential steps for Story Map success
- Global GIS analytics market forecast to grow at a CAGR of 18.25% from 2016-2020
- What’s New in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (September 2016)
- GeoGratis user survey - Your feedback is important to NRCan
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett