Why should cybersecurity be a top priority? How can you use apps to engage Canadians in Canada’s 150th birthday? Read more in the May SDI Interesting Reads.
- Why cybersecurity should be the biggest concern of 2017
- CSA helping emergency responders with satellite imagery of flooding in Ontario and Quebec
- Canada’s view on Group on Earth Observation (GEO) Program Board of 2017
- Hawaii launches new statewide geospatial data portal
- Call for proposals opens for GSDI Small Grants Program 2017
- Web GIS explained: 5 essential elements and what is Web GIS?
- GeoJobe reveals top 10 admin tools used by GIS professionals
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett