Why is geography so important in addressing global issues? How fast is the global GIS market growing? How do you map indoor spaces with an advanced trolley? Find out in this month’s compilation of SDI Interesting Reads.
Get inspiration for your projects from this compilation of interesting articles, blog posts, maps and other resources related to Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI).
Watch this video from the United Nations Global Geospatial Information Management (UN GGIM) that highlights why geography is so important in addressing global economic, environmental and social issues.
- OGC’s move to address responsible land governance
- Global GIS market to grow steadily at a CAGR of more than 10% by 2020
- Space agencies look to observe Earth together
- Mapping indoor spaces with an advanced trolley
- RFC on proposed revisions to US thoroughfare, landmark and postal address data standard
- US DHS unloads 275 datasets of open-source mapping data with Esri’s help
- A new climate is emerging across Australia
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett