Why GIS is the foundation for asset management? How is Alberta Infrastructure optimizing its assets with Enterprise GIS? What is the RADARSAT Constellation Mission data policy? Find out more in the June SDI Interesting Reads which brings you an array of informative articles on spatial data infrastructure.
- Alberta Infrastructure optimizes assets with Enterprise GIS and innovative apps
- Map Markup Language and GeoWeb in the OGC Innovation Program
- The RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) data policy is a work in progress
- ArcGIS Online organization page to get a new look
- U.S. Government wants to start charging for Landsat satellite data
- Africa, a one-stop portal to promote positive economic, social and environmental outcomes
- Why GIS is the foundation for asset management
- The future of transport is here. Are you ready?
- Five ways the world depends on geomatics
- Is your open data 5-star?
- Leading Digital Transformation: Finding the right velocity in driving organizational change
- New to Web GIS? Get Started with these 14 free lessons on ArcGIS Online
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett