Check out the interactive map showing Brexit voting results, find out what’s new in ArcGIS Open Data, learn more about Esri’s free self-paced e-Learning and much more in the July SDI Interesting Reads.
Get inspiration for your projects from this compilation of interesting articles, blog posts and other resources related to spatial data infrastructures (SDI).
The Times included this map by Esri UK that depicts how Britain voted to leave the European Union. The darker the blue indicates the higher the vote to remain, and the darker the yellow indicates the higher the vote to leave the European Union.
- Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS) provides updated nautical charts
- All systems go for launch of Canadian surveillance satellite
- Transport Canada updates Canadian UAV Stakeholders
- Conversations with Michael Goodchild on questions of geography
- What’s new with OGC Support in ArcGIS Online (June 2016)
- What’s new in ArcGIS Open Data for June 2016
- Esri offers free self-paced e-learning to customers through new training site
- Esri Technical Associate Certification: real life experiences in passing the test
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett