How can you get easy access to skiing trails in Gatineau Park, Quebec? What’s new with ArcGIS Online and what can it do for you? Find out these and more in the February SDI Interesting Reads.
View these interactive maps to find parking, skating and classic or back-country ski trails in Gatineau Park. Along with recommended trails, you can access detailed information regarding the conditions of all open trails.
- Canadian Geography & Geo-Literacy: The GeoNiagara Radio Show is on the air
- The Integrated Cadastral Information (ICI) Society and ParcelMap BC
- Canada's MacDonald Dettwiler to buy DigitalGlobe - Dow Jones
- Canada ranks #10 on map of the best and worst countries for business 2017
- TECTERRA Board names Jonathan Neufeld as CEO
- What's new in ArcGIS Online
- Esri ranks among Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science
- Establishing the relevance of GIS in your organization
- What can Esri’s ArcGIS Online do for you?
- Current global earthquake information
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett