Why is the Canadian government examining FedRAMP Security? Which countries have plugged the most stuff into the Internet of Things? Find out these and more in this month’s compilation of SDI Interesting Reads.
Get inspiration for your projects from this compilation of interesting articles, blog posts and other resources related to Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI).
See how the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services is leveraging ArcGIS and changing the way they do business.
- Canadian government examining FedRAMP Security for use in consolidated federal portal
- Industry group applauds Canada’s positive approach to Canada’s innovation
- You've heard of the Internet of Things - Here's what comes next
- Canada not among 12 countries that have plugged the most stuff into the Internet of Things
- Forest growth accelerating in B.C. due to carbon dioxide ‘fertilizer effect'
- Private company looks to buy land for satellite farm in Inuvik, NWT
- New leadership at MDA as the company pursues further US expansion
- Amazon and Microsoft will reportedly invest in Here, the self-driving car mapping unit
About the Author
Gordon Plunkett is the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Director at Esri Canada. He has more than 30 years of experience in GIS and Remote Sensing in both the public and private sectors. He currently sits as a member of the Community Map of Canada Steering Committee, GeoAlliance Canada Interim Board of Directors, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Technical Committee, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Committee on Geomatics, the University of Laval Convergence Network Advisory Committee and the Advisory Board to the Carleton University Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre. During his career, Gordon has worked on projects in more than 20 countries and has contributed to numerous scientific conferences and publications. At Esri Canada, he is responsible for developing and supporting the company’s SDI vision, initiatives and outreach, including producing content for the SDI blog.More Content by Gordon Plunkett